Howrse Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howrse Art

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Needed!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firewalker

Firewalker

Female Number of posts : 83
Howrse Username : Firewalker
Graphics program(s) : GIMP 2.6
Photoshop Element 7
Paint

Registration date : 2009-12-13

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi,
I am quite new to GIMP and i am finding a lot of things hard to do Throw Computer
I wanted to ask these questions:

I have downloaded my desired brushes, how do i find them to use them?

I have tried to color in a lineart. I do the things like making it transparent and creating a new layer but when i come to coloring, it goes over the lineart so i can not see the line art below. How do i sort that out?

That is not all of them so any tips appreciated to making better manips and coats would be nice. I just dont want to mess up. Thanks Surprised

Fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.howrse.com/joueur/fiche/?id=26064414
archie4pip

archie4pip

Female Number of posts : 97
Howrse Username : archie4pip
Graphics program(s) : GIMP

Registration date : 2009-08-14

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

1. You have save the brushes you want to your computer, after you have saved open up your documents and go to the saved brushes ;which need extracting first, right click and 'extract files'. save the exracted files and open up the extracted brushes.

then open up your GIMP folder , mine is in the C:drive under document and settings. Go to gimp then 'brushes'

so you should have TWO document windows up, your extracted brushes and GIMP brushes.
Then select all your exracted brushes , copy them and go to GIMP brushes and paste. next time re-start GIMP they will be there.

2. First, paste the lineart then go to colour >> then 'colour to alpha'
your lineart is now on a transparent layer. call this layer 'lines'

then make a new layer called background, put this behind the 'lines' by pressing CTRL + L and simply drag the background to the bottom.

then create a transparent layer called 'the coat' and have this layer inbetween 'background' and lines. This is your middle layer. if this doesn't work then just press CTRL + L to re-order your layers to your style.

there are probably better ways of doing number 2 but you'll to wait till an expert posts
Razz
Back to top Go down
Firewalker

Firewalker

Photoshop Element 7
Paint

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Ok thanks loads Razz I still dont get number 1 though. i have downloaded a few brushes and saved them under my 'GIMP' folder....
Back to top Go down
archie4pip

archie4pip

Female Number of posts : 97
Howrse Username : archie4pip
Graphics program(s) : GIMP

Registration date : 2009-08-14

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:21 pm

I think they need to be extracted before you can use them , correct me if im wrong
Back to top Go down
Firewalker

Firewalker

Photoshop Element 7
Paint

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 am

How do i extract them? lol
Back to top Go down
Firewalker

Firewalker

Photoshop Element 7
Paint

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 am

Its ok, i found it. Thanks loads!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed!   Help Needed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Needed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howrse Art :: Resources Area :: Tutorials :: GIMP-
Jump to: