Howrse Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howrse Art

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to make a tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
horse_lover4495

horse_lover4495

Female Number of posts : 161
Howrse Username : horse_lover4495
Graphics program(s) : GIMP
Registration date : 2009-12-19

how to make a tutorial Empty
PostSubject: how to make a tutorial   how to make a tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 pm

I would love to help people by making tutorials, instead of just showing them step-by-step photos and explaining, it would be much easier to make a tutorial. So this might sound a bit odd, but does anyone have a tutorial (or can make/explain how to) on how to make a tutorial?
Back to top Go down
Dogluvr123

Dogluvr123

Female Number of posts : 259
Howrse Username : Dogluvr123
Graphics program(s) : GIMP 2.6 (free download at www.gimp.org) and my own two hands (actually my left hand, since I'm left-handed)
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: how to make a tutorial   how to make a tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 pm

This is how I make a tutorial on GIMP.

1. Go up to "File" and click "New". Then, change the dimensions to the desired size (landscape or portrait, etc.) I make it "background colour", and click "Submit".

2. I pick a colour that I want my tutorial to be, then click the bucket-fill tool. I click the picture to fill the whole rectangle in with my chosen colour.

3. I then choose a font (or download one on www.dafont.com) that looks cool to me for the title, i.e. "How to photo-manipulate", "How to digital paint", "How to paint a mane", etc.

4. Once the title is on the image, I make a little introduction paragraph, i.e. "Welcome to my tutorial on how to photo-manipulate. I hope it's helpful [...]" and so on.

5. It's pretty straight-forward the rest of the way. Just keep writing different paragraphs for each step, and try to include pictures by copying and pasting onto the background.

NOTE: You'll eventually run out of space on your current background, so simply repeat Step 1. and 2. to create another background - same size, same colour - and continue your tutorial on that background. When you post them in a forum or even presentation, they will appear as one, big, long strip instead of small, broken up chunks.

Well I hope that helped, and hopefully that's what you were asking. Smile
Back to top Go down
horse_lover4495

horse_lover4495

Female Number of posts : 161
Howrse Username : horse_lover4495
Graphics program(s) : GIMP
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: how to make a tutorial   how to make a tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:38 am

thank you so much! It was a huge help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dogluvr123

Dogluvr123

Female Number of posts : 259
Howrse Username : Dogluvr123
Graphics program(s) : GIMP 2.6 (free download at www.gimp.org) and my own two hands (actually my left hand, since I'm left-handed)
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: how to make a tutorial   how to make a tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:27 pm

No problem-o! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to make a tutorial   how to make a tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to make a tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howrse Art :: Resources Area :: Tutorials :: GIMP-
Jump to: